Sunday, February 12, 2012

The show must go on

Keep the circus going inside you, keep it going, don't take anything too seriously, it'll all work out in the end. - David Niven

After my recent visit to the ER I had a lot of time to have a long and hard introspective reflection. I have had many things come into sharp focus. I realized I had to simplify my life as stress and frustration were beginning to get the better of me.

It is with a sad and heavy heart that I must resign from sole illustrator of Circus Tent Full Of Ghosts. I feel terrible about this decision as I know it was a blow to the Lie Producing Factory. I also feel largely to blame for a lack of foresight into how much work the behemoth project requires. Being a concept artist, Inker, painter, and digital artist on the project all the while trying to balance my full-time (stress riddle) job, my family, and any other life or creativity had just become too much to bear.

I have given the factory full permission to use anything I conceptualized or created in the process carte blanche for whatever they deem it worthy to use it for. I bear no ill will towards them and indeed wish I could continue with the project. Over the past 9 months it has been in my mind perpetually. The Circus become a part of me as well. I believe it is an amazing story that would be a travesty if not told. I encourage other artists to help the story become a reality.

I have already offered my assistance, in a more diminished capacity, with whatever I can do. Perhaps if more artists are willing to work on the project it would allow me to continue in the effort but as of right now, I have to pursue my own artistic avenues. The show must go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment