Monday, February 27, 2012

A little about Burghal Mythos

Burgh´al

Definition: Belonging to a city.

Synonyms: Urban

Mythos

Definition: myth or mythology.


If you haven't been following my blog or my art series. Burghal Mythos: A Fascination in Human Nature, is my upcoming book. It is centered around the darker and stranger myths from around the world.

It will be stylized like a Children's book but my hope is that it will be palatable to everyone. Kind of like The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy & Other Stories meets Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark. All of the art from last year's series will be in the book along with several others.

Here is the working preface at the moment.

The world is filled with myths and lore
Quirky stories that people adore

Some can be funny and some can be light
But many are scary and can give you a fright

It is the dark tales of death and despair
That humans find fascinating, their minds ensnared.

What is it that causes so much delight
In the evil things things that go bump in the night?

Are they a warning of what could be
Or perhaps a strange way to reconcile destiny?

Whatever the reason, I present to you
This Burghal Mythos for you to read through.Hopefully I will have it done come this September.
I'm estimating at least 30-40 pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment